How To Add the Mobi File
To Your Kindle LIbrary
Instructions for file transfer using your email, adapted from Amazon Help Pages
Please follow directions carefully.
- Go to Amazon’s website and log in to your account.
- Click on Your Account and then scroll down to the Digital Content section and select Manage Your Kindle --or-- Manage your Content and Devices.
- Select Personal Document Settings. You should see a heading Send to Kindle email settings. Under that heading will be an email address, [unique_name_here]@Kindle.com. Write down or copy (Ctrl-C/Cmd-C) that address.
- Go to the Approved Personal Document E-mail List section which is further down the page. Add your personal email address (NOT the kindle address) to this list, so that the Kindle device will accept the file. The email address that you enter must be the one that you will use to send the Mobi file.
- Open up your personal mail program, the one that corresponds to the address just entered.
- Compose a new email to the [unique_name_here]@Kindle.com email address that you copied earlier. You can leave the body of the email blank or put in some random text, either way.
- Attach the Mobi file to the email and hit SEND.
- Wait approximately five minutes and then open your Kindle and sync. Your book should appear in your Books or Documents section.